… and Its Story
House Villa Imperina
House Villa Imperina was built as a private house around 1800 but the exact date is still unknown. In 1908 Magno Magni, Senator of the Republic, bought this residence and lived there until it was bought by Achille Beltrame, Italian painter and illustrator.
War reporter and drawer for the newspaper La Domenica del Corriere, Beltrame painted hundreds of oil paintings and watercolors. Some of his artworks were discovered right inside of Villa Imperina, and more precisely in the foyer.
Many experts think that other paintings by Achille Beltrame may be hidden under the plaster covering the walls of the rooms today.
The story of Villa Imperina is more and more interesting: just think that during the First World War it was used as hospital and - at the end of the war - as a secondary school to give the young people of the Agordino valley the chance to study.
In 1960 a family from Milan visited Villa Imperina and fell in love with it immediately. They bought it and after restoring it, they converted it into Hotel Milano.